Thursday, July 19, 2012

Jason Jang 7/19

Organic patterns derived from plant specimens and Industrial patterns derived from machines
I combined several plant specimens to make this pattern.
I derived this shape from printingpress gear.

Process:
I took specimens of plants and combined them in several ways so that I could find the best mixture of shapes and composition of pattern. I transferred these patterns to 4x4 squares and I repeated the pattern into 8x8 square. From there, I repeated 8x8 square four times so that it creates 18x18 square of repeated patterns.
Looking at negative spaces are very interesting.


2 comments:

  1. I really like the simplicity of the black and white that draws focus to the unique shapes. Are they ink prints or cut paper? The floral piece reminds me of a Rorschach print...

    ReplyDelete